Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Easy DIY Ice Cream!

Have you ever really wanted ice cream and come to find out, you have none? And you know for a fact you're way to lazy too go out and get some from the store, either that or there's no store open that isn't a gas station (which only ever has the bars anyway). Well this post rescued me when I had one of those moments!
All you need is milk (that's what I used even though it calls for half-and-half), vanilla, sugar, ice, salt, and two zip bags (one gallon sized and one sandwich sized).
Put your ice in the bigger bag and pour some salt over it and set aside. Pour 1/2 cup milk (or half/half), 1 tsp of vanilla, and 1 tbsp of sugar into the little bag and squish it up to mix. Place your little bag in the big one and shake for 5 minutes. That's it!
It's a bit runnier/mushier than store bought but tastes just as good (if not better!). My husband didn't approve, said it wasn't bad, but wasn't sweet enough.
I think this would be a fun thing to do with kids, I may have to recruit my cousin (who's 6) to see if she'd like it!
Next time I might double it or add a little more sugar. I wonder if you could put some cocoa powder in it to get chocolate? If I try it, I'll let you know!
Try it and let me know what you think!

'Til next time,
- Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment