Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oil-Cleansing - Part 2 AND DIY Yarn Pom-Poms!

This post is a bit delayed and I apologize! I also realized I spelled complexion as complection in last post, brain fart, oh well!
I tried the cleansing for 4 days total and my husband said he did notice a different in the acne looking a little better the first two mornings but after the 3rd, I noticed it getting worse. After the 4th, it was still bad and I got fed up and was tired from work so I skipped and day and thought I'd catch up the next day and forgot; I made up my mind to start again this past Tuesday night and forgot again. So, I may be starting tonight again, just to see if it helps.
A few days after I quit doing the cleansing, (TMI warning, it's relevant so I had to mention it, sorry!)I began my lady problems which had caused me to break out so I am blaming the worsening of my acne those two days on that.
Comment or email me your results if you've done the cleansing!


For a mini-post/addition so you have something new, I found a cool way to make yarn pom-poms! It's not really a new way because everyone on pinterest does it this way, but it definitely works!
Here's the link for the pics I attached and a good tutorial on how to do it. Downside? it's in Spanish. I don't have a good camara right now but hopefully will get it together soon and will be able to do my own.
First, you take your yarn and place the tip of your ball/skein between your first two fingers and wrap the yarn around and around, I did it about 45 times the first time but for thicker poms (which in my opinion are cuter) wrap more; experiment for the best way for you! 
Next, you cut the yarn and take a few inches long piece and thread it through the middle and tie off in the middle of the piece. Take the excess and tie it around the middle of the part left the double-tying I feel just secures it more. For larger or smaller poms, just use one or three+ fingers instead of two. Once tying it off, cut all the loops, trim it up, and fluff it! 

5 - after it is wrapped and tied off
6 - cutting the loops
7 - after the loops are cut, before it's trimmed
8 - finished product!
Also, what I did with the first one, turn it into a cute pom-pom bookmark by leaving an excess of the string you tied it off with!

'Til next time (which will definitely be sooner than two weeks, sorry for the gap!)
- Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment